There are many ways to publish your book online. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to one of the easiest:
1. Create an account on Createspace.com. It’s owned by Amazon. If you have any question you hit a button that says “Call Me” and within 30 seconds they have a customer representative calling your phone.
2. Download a Microsoft Word template they provide The template is similar to those used by any publisher when they format your book.
3. Make a cover. Createspace has over a million options when you combined their templates with images, fonts, etc.
4. Save as a PDF and upload it. Let them pick an ISBN number.
5. Choose a price. $7.95. is the minimum price if you want them to distribute it to bookstores, libraries, etc along with Amazon. You’ll get about a $2 royalty per book at that price. But if you choose a price of $20 then you would get about a $14 royalty. Much higher than any publisher will ever give you.